The YourVets surgical referral service is run from our 24-hour hospital in Smethwick by Kathryn Wale BSc BVetMed CertAVP MRCVS.
Fixed price surgery packages
YourVets ethos is to make high-quality care affordable, regardless of budget. The service has been designed to give certainty of costs to clients, so we offer fixed price packages for all orthopaedics and selected soft-tissue surgery.
Each fixed price package includes:
- Pre-anaesthetic haematology/biochemistry.
- Perioperative fluid therapy.
- Radiography if needed.
- Multi-modal analgesia.
- Post-operative hospitalisation if needed.
- Medication to go home with.
- All post-operative checks (including follow-up blood tests or radiographs under sedation/GA if needed).
- Assessment and recovery plan by NAVP-registered physiotherapist for orthopaedic surgeries.
Referral services offered
- Fracture management.
- Management of traumatic joint disease (luxation/subluxation).
- Cruciate disease – TTA/TPLO.
- Patella luxation.
Soft tissue surgery
- Brachycephalic disease – BOAS airway surgery plus skin fold/screw tail resection.
- Ear disease – TECA/bulla osteotomy and lateral wall resection.
- Diaphragmatic/perineal herniorrhaphy.
- Anal sacculectomy.
- Complex oncological resection and reconstructive surgery.
- Wound management, including advanced reconstruction (axial pattern flaps/free skin grafts).
How to refer to YourVets Surgery Service
Referrals can be accepted for
- Cases requiring further investigation/a second opinion, which require a 30-minute appointment in the clinic, costing £150.
- A surgical procedure (diagnosis confirmed by referring practice), in which case a telephone consultation is booked to discuss the best surgical options and post- operative care, and then surgery arranged soon after. The charge for this appointment is £50, which is included in the fixed surgery price if the client goes ahead.
Make sure all case notes, radiographs and lab results Kathryn may need to see are emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.